Rassco was named after the development company that built the first houses there in 1951.
It was originally intended to house government officials and their families, who moved from the center of Jerusalem, after a number of government offices were established nearby.
Rassco is located just opposite of the Jerusalem Botanical Gardens, and is home to many shuls, parks, and cafes.
A Peaceful & Green Area
Nowadays, Rassco is home to many joggers and young families, both of which you will see in the parks in this area.
A peaceful and green area, Rassco features both shops and outdoor space to exercise and enjoy the Middle East sunshine.
It is a fine area to live, with access both walking distance and via public transport, to Rechov Azza and the City Center, as well as Malha, the mall, and Teddy Stadium.
Rassco: Part of the Green Line on the Jerusalem Light Rail
In 2017, it was estimated that around 5,000 people lived in Rassco, including Givat Oranim and Rechov (Street) SY Agnon.
Rassco is one of the areas in Jerusalem that is not solely built from Jerusalem Stone. This is due to a decision made during the austerity period, to reduce costs.
The Green Line of the Jerusalem light rail will include a station at the foot of the neighborhood on Herzog Street.